I returned from PSG on the afternoon of June 26th and have only recently recovered from the awesomeness of the experience. It was a lot to take in! I attended several workshops and rituals and I also presented two workshops, one on Hekate (by myself) and the other on Trance Journeying (with the Catskin Sisters). I want to speak briefly about The Goddess Hekate workshop.
Based on the feedback I received form attendees, some of “The Goddess Hekate” workshop strengths included:
- a focus on primary and secondary literary and scholarly sources
- giving Hekate “good press” i.e. presenting her in a positive, uplifting light rather than a solely dark and brooding one
- good coverage on Hekate’s aspects over time
- good treatment of how people can approach her and what offerings she enjoys
Based on my own assessment, some of the workshop’s weaknesses included:
- a great deal of information presented quickly; not as much depth and I would have liked
- the absence of discussion about the significance of Hekate’s early representation as a young virgin goddess (e.g. the Running Maiden)
- lack of additional time for questions and in depth group discussion
For those interested parties that did not receive a handout and for those who were unable to attend the workshop/PSG at all, I have posted below (very, very slightly edited) versions of both the handout that everyone received that day as well as my more detailed personal talking notes. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the handout or the talking notes or simply wish to engage in dialogue, feel free to contact me/leave a comment! Many blessings.
- PSG 2011 – The Goddess Hekate Workshop – Handout
- PSG 2011 – The Goddess Hekate Workshop – Talking Notes